Hi ! I am Varish Mulwad and I am working as a Knowledge Discovery Researcher at General Electric‘s Global Research Center in Niskayuna, NY, USA. I graduated with a PhD in Computer Science (2015) from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), where I was part of the Ebiquity Research Lab working under the guidance of Prof. Tim Finin. I also closely collaborated with Prof. Anupam Joshi during my time at UMBC.
My current work and interests deal with adding semantics to existing semi structured or unstructured data, relying on structured knowledge bases, using techniques and principles from the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Machine Learning.
As a student:
Ph.D. in Computer Science at University of Maryland, Baltimore County [Adviser: Dr. Tim Finin] ( Spring 2015)
M.S. in Computer Science at University of Maryland, Baltimore County [Adviser: Dr. Tim Finin] (Summer 2010)
B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering at University of Mumbai (2007)
- Knowledge Discovery Researcher, GE Global Research (Aug. 2015 – present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ebiquity Research Lab, UMBC (Apr. 2015 – Jul. 2015)
- Research Assistant, Ebiquity Research Lab, UMBC (Aug. 2008 – Mar. 2015)
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research (Summer of 2012)
- Software Development Engineer Intern, Bing, Microsoft Corporation (Summer of 2011)
- Software Developer Intern in Research and Development, Endpoint Security at Symantec (Summer of 2009)
- Grader, Department of Computer Science, UMBC (Fall 2008)
- Intern with Ness Technologies India (Spring 2008)
- Intern with Mastek India [for my final year undergraduate project] (Fall 2006, Spring 2007)
Views expressed here are personal.